Welcome! 

Where classical school and homeschool teachers talk.

Discussion Starts Here.

For the Children's Sake.

Learn from Others.

Add Your Voice to the Conversation.

Glad You Are Here.

Give Us Your Question.

Sign in to follow this  
Shannon Iverson

Planning in the homeschool

I appreciate and have learned a good deal from this course, however, my classroom is my home and my students are my children. When it comes to planning, how detailed do you go as a homeschool parent? For many years I have put rough pages numbers on a calendar for material we will get to that day, but I wonder if other homeschool teachers actually make detailed lesson plans for each of their students? What would that look like? How might you create harmony in the planning? One of the greatest obstacles I have found, teaching at home versus teaching in the classroom, is the variety of material covered simultaneously at different grade levels at the same time. Thoughts? 

I'm afraid I'm rather like you, Shannon - in a home setting,  I've found the pages/activities for each subject per child quite effective.  The only time I deviate is when I travel and my husband has taken over - then my plans probably look more like standard school plans. As I'm down to one secondary student,  I just need to make sure I'm planning things that harmonize for him. But I can imagine that with multiple children,  planning group liturgies might be a good place to start.